OK. So we haven’t exactly had a great spring for swimming outside. That’s got to change eventually (right?), so here are some DIY pool-opening tips to have handy when the sunshine strikes.
- Remove, hose off, fold and store winter pool cover. An accordion fold makes it easy to cover your pool again in fall. Be sure to keep it in a dry and rodent-free place.
- Bring out and replace all those items you’ve stored for winter: ladders, auto cleaner, baskets, plugs, gauges, etc.
- Inspect and test the electricity for all pumps, lights, heaters, etc.
- Lube the valves and o-rings. Flood lines, start up the motor and adjust the valves for proper flow.
- Brush pool walls, steps and tiles and scrub skimmers with phosphate-free cleanser. Hose down your pool deck.
Have fun and call us if you have any questions.
Powered by Facebook Comments