Many people assume that a swimming pool cover is only a necessity in the cooler months. But we recommend using it all year long. Here’s why: Not only is there the ever-present safety concern, but a pool cover can also maintain heat in your pool, keep the leaves and debris out, and extend the life of your chemicals.
Here are the specifics:
- The cover keeps heat in the pool so the water temperature stays warmer than you left it uncovered overnight.
- You save time cleaning out leaves, sticks and other debris that would accumulate without a cover.
- Because of less debris in the pool and less direct sunlight bearing down, the life of your pool chemicals is extended.
- Solar blankets are great in the Northwest, where sunny days are at a minimum—it’s essentially a blanket with thermal bubbles that covers the whole pool, heating and insulating it. It works better at keeping water warm overnight than a regular pool cover does.
- Automatic covers or hand-cranked “reel” systems can make the work of covering the pool much easier on you.
A good pool cover is an investment that pays you back quickly, makes swimming easier and more enjoyable, and saves you precious time on cleaning and maintenance.
Powered by Facebook Comments