For pool fitness and exercise, we LOVE our Freestyle Package. But there is a great alternative to swimming laps. Water walking is a fantastic workout that’s so easy and safe anyone can do it. You simply put one foot in front of the other…
Here are some tips to make it even more effective.
- Start out walking in waist-deep water. As you progress, walking in chest-deep water will offer more resistance and a better workout.
- Avoid walking on your tip toes, which is what we all tend to do in the water. It’s best if you simulate walking on land, rolling from the heel to the ball of your foot.
- Pump your arms and burn more calories.
- Cup and turn your hands so they move against the water for greater resistance. (The model in the photo is using hand “fins” for ever more resistance.)
- Alternate walking forward and backward in order to work different muscles.
As with all exercise, warm up before and after and drink plenty of fluids. Have fun! And when you’re ready to swim your laps, click here!
Powered by Facebook Comments