If you saw our most recent photos from our Demo Pool project (where you’ll be able to see our spa and swimming pool construction and design on display, just minutes from Portland) , you’ll notice our a-MA-zing pool cover. Now, there is no doubt that covers help keep leaves, dust and other debris out of your pool water, cut down on your pool maintenance and reduce clean up time.
But there are a lot more benefits… Check ‘em out:
- Lower your heating costs & extend your pool season. Your pool cover traps in the heat of the water cutting down on the energy needed to keep your pool warm. The U.S. Department of Energy has reported that a pool cover is the single best way to reduce heat loss in a pool. By limiting unnecessary evaporation, you’ll save energy and still be able to enjoy swimming in a warm pool.
- Water conservation. An uncovered 16 x 36 foot pool can lose as many as 180 gallons of water per week. Cutting down on evaporation means less refilling and less reheating. Be sure to ask about covers when you’re talking to pool contractors.
- Chemical reduction. When water evaporates, so do your pool chemicals. Up to 1 gallon of chlorine can evaporate in an uncovered pool in just two hours on a hot day. Keeping your pool covered when not in use keeps your treated, balanced water in your pool longer.
- Reduced maintenance time and costs. Think about how reducing debris can cut down on the maintenance needed for your filtration system.
- Increased safety. With a sturdy pool cover you can help protect pets and children from falling into the water.
Not only that, automatic covers easily slide over your pool in under a minute. The ease of use will assure that your pool is covered when it should be. Protect your investment, save money, save time and SWIM MORE. Isn’t that what you really want to do anyway?
Call us if you need any advice on the right pool cover for you–or if you have any questions on pool or spa construction in the Portland/Vancouver area.
Powered by Facebook Comments