When you’re a pool owner, as you know, keeping people safe around your pool has to be your number-one priority. Now, we’re not going to name any names here, but this is not the way to keep people out of your pool when you’re not around.
We snapped this picture when we were out checking out a pool this spring.
REMEMBER: The “safety cover” is not a SAFETY cover someone can super easily climb right under it. When you put the safety cover on, take the railing out! In this case, the owner probably wasn’t able to pull the rail out, so instead, just went right over it with the over.
Now, after our recent 100-degree weekend in the Portland area, you probably won’t be thinking of covering your pool for a while. But it’s always a good idea. Here’s why you want to use a pool safety cover:
- Lowers your heating costs & extends your pool season. Your pool safety cover traps in the heat of the water cutting down on the energy needed to keep your pool warm. The U.S. Department of Energy has reported that a pool cover is the single best way to reduce heat loss in a pool. By limiting unnecessary evaporation, you’ll save energy and still be able to enjoy swimming in a warm pool.
- Conserves water. An uncovered 16 x 36 foot pool can lose as many as 180 gallons of water per week. Cutting down on evaporation means less refilling and less reheating. Be sure to ask about covers when you’re talking to pool contractors.
- Maintains pool chemicals longer. When water evaporates, so do your pool chemicals. Up to 1 gallon of chlorine can evaporate in an uncovered pool in just two hours on a hot day. Keeping your pool covered when not in use keeps your treated, balanced water in your pool longer.
- Reduces your maintenance time and costs. Think about how reducing debris can cut down on the maintenance needed for your filtration system.
- Increases safety. With a sturdy, properly installed pool safety cover you can help protect pets and children from falling into the water.
Want to see our favorite way to cover a pool? Check out pictures of our fabulous automatic pool cover at our Portland demo pool here.
Powered by Facebook Comments