The idea of having a cute little robot doing your dirty work and cleaning the pool sounds pretty good, doesn’t it? You’ve probably heard about robotic pool cleaners. Have you been thinking of purchasing one for your swimming pool?
Let’s walk through the basics.
First, here’s how they work:
Robotic pool cleaners have an electric motor inside the cleaner that drives it. A small transformer supplies the power to the cleaner and converts electricity to a low voltage. The cleaner uses a pump inside the unit to perform like a vacuum. A computer chip frocks the shape of your pool so your little robot can clean it quickly and efficiently. Some models come with remotes so you can lie back, have another iced tea and watch them work.
Robotic cleaners can scrub the walls and the tile line and work best picking up small debris, sand, or silt.
Now, I’m sure you want to know the cons as well as the pros, right?
The down side of robotic cleaners is that (at $800–900) they are spendier than pressure or suction cleaners—and also—like any self-respecting robot—they have a lot of internal moving parts that may break down.
Here’s the product description for the Hayward TigerShark®, a robotic cleaner we recommend to our customers at Pacific Northwest Pools.
The TigerShark® series of robotic pool cleaners feature a new and contemporary design. Equipped with intelligent microprocessor-based technology, the TigerShark family is recognized for its superior performance in reliability and efficiency. TigerShark makes sure virtually every area of your pool gets that much cleaner, and fast! The TigerShark QC automatic robotic cleaner is no exception with a fast 90-minute Quick Clean cycle.
Efficient cleaning programs
- All TigerShark models come with a standard 3-hour complete cleaning cycle for full floor, walls, coves and waterline.
- Patented Quick Clean technology (TigerShark QC model) provides a fast 90 minute cycle.
Powerful vacuum strength
- On-board pump for intense vacuum power to suck up dirt and debris.
- Built with an efficient 24-volt motor designed to use less energy and lower cost.
Unique cartridge filter system
- Makes emptying easy, just open the cleaner, remove the cartridge and rinse with a hose. Easy to use
- No extra hoses, hookups or pumps required.
- Runs separately from the pool’s filtration system reducing the frequency of filter backwash cycles.
- H series heater
Curious to find out if a robotic pool cleaner is right for you? Just give us a call at 503–631-4816 and we’ll help walk you through your decision.
Powered by Facebook Comments